Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Reader's Advisory Resource...

Looking for a great resource to help you find a good book or author to read? Check out "NoveList Reader's Advisory" on our "Reference Tools" page on our website. I was reminded of how useful this resource is the other day when I happened to be looking for a new series to recommend to a relative of mine who likes mysteries, but without the "racy" stuff. My first recourse was to a co-worker, since I thought that she might have read the particular author whom I had in mind, viz., Mary Higgins Clark. She said that she hadn't read anything by the author, so we both headed right for the "NoveList Reader's Advisory" website and found just what we were looking for. Under "Author Read-alikes" we searched the alphabetized list of authors for Mary Higgins Clark and then found this brief summary of Clark's style of writing:

"Consummate storyteller Clark, author of more than two dozen best-selling Suspense novels, writes fast-paced, intricately plotted, compelling stories of women and children in jeopardy, but told without the sex, violence, or vulgar language sometimes associated with the genre and more generally with best-selling fiction" --NoveList.

This was just what I needed so that I could comfortably recommend this author to my relative. She is now well on her way to a whole new series of titles to read.

No comments: